Launching Your Career
Answers to your FAQ’s about the business of acting!
This workshop is for actors beginning their professional careers. In this two-hour workshop, Rachel Kennedy and a special guest actor will answer the most frequently asked questions about the business of acting.
Find out about:
- The realities of showbiz—by the numbers
- Becoming an actor—Maintaining & improving your acting skills; Training vs. Coaching
- Auditions and Casting—Photos & résumés; Audition pieces; Agents & Casting Directors
- Affiliations and Resources—Theatre & Film: Equity, ACTRA & Non-Union; Directories, Publications, Online sources
- Managing your career—Planning, expenses & taxes
"It was a great workshop. Rachel's humour and enthusiasm and knowledge and experience was wonderful." - Participant
Meet the Instructor...
Rachel Kennedy, Theatre Ontario Professional Theatre and Education Manager
Rachel Kennedy is a recent graduate of York University's theatre program, where she developed a passion for arts administration. Since graduating she has produced, directed, and stage managed for various theatre companies in Toronto while working as the Outreach and Development Coordinator for Playwrights Guild of Canada. Rachel is looks forward to fostering opportunities for professional development to both established and emerging artists across the province.
Guest Instructor -Andre Newell
Andre Newell is the cofounder of Monologue Slam, an acting competition where actors perform on stage in front of a panel of experts, who provide feedback and select a winner. He is also Andre a writer, director and producers at Dream Scenes, which has produced over 30 short films for actors in 2016 alone. He is also Principal Agent at Shortlist Artist Management.
$35 plus HST regular price
FREE! for Theatre Ontario individual and organization* members (with a $5.00 materials fee)
*Theatre Ontario Organization Members may send 1 delegate at the member price.
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
Not appropriate for child actors. No latecomers please.
For more information, please contact the Community Outreach and Training Coordinator, at email@example.com or 416.408.4556 x10
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation up to 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.