Picture Perfect: Your Pictures as Promotional Tools
Monday May 7
7:00pm - 8:00pm
Live Webinar - Access on Computer
A picture is worth a thousand words and a photo worth a thousand tweets… make yours count!
In this live webinar learn how to best present your theatrical performance. Whether you are producing on a dime or on a bankroll, know how to make qualified choices in selecting the images to inspire your audience. Led by Dahlia Katz, a prolific and established theatre photographer, this webinar will give you the knowledge on what makes dynamic and captivating stills for your promotional package. Even on a small budget the right photographs by the right photographer can be the difference between opening to a captive audience or an empty house.
Dahlia will discuss how timing and messaging impact your photographic decisions:
- The Branding Image: Immediately after casting
- Rehearsal Hall Shots: Halfway through the rehearsal process
- Production Stills and Archiving: The day of your tech-dress rehearsal
Meet the Instructor…Dahlia Katz
Dahlia Katz is a professional photographer with over 15 years of experience in Toronto. Her work is especially visible in the performing arts, bringing her two passions together in one place; her work as a director/dramaturg makes her a specialist in marketing imagery, composition, audience engagement and visual storytelling both within and without the performance context.
As the Artistic Director of Solar Stage, she directs multiple productions a year and photographs many others, as well as headshots, portraits, weddings, festivals, corporate events, and sometimes real estate.
Dahlia Katz was recently featured in Now Magazine, read the article here:
$40 plus HST Regular Price
$20 plus HST Theatre Ontario Members
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
Not appropriate for child actors. No latecomers please.
For more information, please contact the Community Outreach and Training Coordinator, at email@example.com or 416.408.4556 x10
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation up to 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.