Playwrights Guide to Getting Produced
Taking your new play from page to stage can seem impossible.
Yet new plays are produced every season. How do they do it?
Led by award winning playwright David S. Craig, this workshop will discuss different approaches to getting your play produced:
- moving from queries and mailings to workshops and readings
- and where will the money for any of these come from?
Mr. Craig will help you gain an impresarios approach to your play so that your marketing time and effort may achieve the maximum effect.
Meet the Instructor
David S. Craig is one of Canada’s most prolific and successful dramatists. He has written 29 professionally produced dramatic works including the hit comedy Having Hope at Home and the internationally acclaimed Danny, King of the Basement. His work has won the Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding Production three times, the Chalmers New Play Award three times, the Rideau Award, The Canada Council Prize, The Writer’s Guild Prize, and a Harold. In 2014, The City of Toronto awarded Mr. Craig with the Barbara Hamilton Award for Artistic Excellence. He is President of the Playwrights Guild of Canada, a husband and a Dad. www.davidscraig.com
$40 plus HST Regular Price
$20 plus HST for Theatre Ontario individual members
For more information, please contact the Community Outreach and Training Coordinator, at email@example.com or 416.408.4556 x10
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation up to 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.