Propel Your Professional Career Forward
Need help developing your long-term career goals?
In this fun, informative, two-hour interactive workshop, facilitator Vera N. Held will share practical, goal-setting career strategies. Tools in hand, participants will be able to better position themselves to meet their long-term theatre career goals.
Vera N. Held will help you to:
- Analyze your skills sets and core competences
- Discover the value of “Who you know” in career building
- Develop professional community, contacts, connections and resources on LinkedIn, etc.
- Get unstuck when your career has plateaued and you are in status quo
- Avoid procrastination and shift your mindset to make a positive career move
- Come to terms with the good, the bad, the great and the ugly of self-employment
- Increase your overall work productivity and efficiency
- Practice NOT becoming overwhelmed with career disappointments, and gain abundant health and energy for yourself---and for the people and things that matter outside of work
This workshop is designed for emerging theatre professionals, and those professionals looking to transition to a new phase in their theatre careers.
Meet the Instructor…
Vera N. Held is a coach, facilitator, speaker, writer, PR consultant, and the author of biz best-seller How Not To Take It Personally. She writes the Make it Work column in Careers, The Toronto Sun. A successful entrepreneur, Vera has run VNH Communications in Toronto for more than 30 years www.veraheld.com. She joined the Board of Directors of Theatre Ontario in December 2016.
$50 plus HST Regular Price
$25 plus HST for Theatre Ontario individual and organization* members
*Theatre Ontario Organization Members may send 1 delegate at the member price.
For more information, please contact the Community Outreach and Training Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.408.4556 x10
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation up to 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.