Ready, Set, Show!: Foundations of Indie Producing
Thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company?
If you want to do a show but have never produced professionally before, and if you want to know what questions to ask first, this session is for you! Ready, Set, Show! is a practical seminar facilitated by Rachel Kennedy, Professional Theatre and Education Manager and special guest producer. This workshop is designed for individuals thinking of producing a show or starting a theatre company, and gives you the opportunity to:
- Discover the questions you need to ask and answer,
- Learn to organize your thinking and planning,
- Work on scheduling and budget considerations,
- And find out about available resources and services.
Meet the Instructors...
Rachel Kennedy, Professional Theatre and Education Manager, Theatre Ontario
Rachel is an arts administrator who is dedicated to elevating the status of Canadian theatre on both a national and global scale. She is the Professional Theatre & Education Manager at Theatre Ontario as well as the Outreach & Development Coordinator for the Playwrights Guild of Canada. Rachel moonlights as a director for The Deadman’s Tale podcast series and a stage manager for Breakin’ Ground Productions. She has worked as a venue supervisor for Theatre Direct’s Wee Festival and the volunteer coordinator for World Stage Design and Scenofest 2013 in Cardiff, Wales. She is an avid storyteller and enthusiastic listener.
Guest Producer - TBD
$40 plus HST regular price
FREE! for Theatre Ontario individual and organization* members (with a $5.00 materials fee)
*Theatre Ontario Organization Members may send 1 delegate at the member price.
For more information, please contact the Community Outreach and Training Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.408.4556 x10
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
Not appropriate for child actors. No latecomers please.
If you have any questions, please email the Community Outreach and Training Coordinator at email@example.com.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation up to 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.