Wednesday, February 21st, 2018
3:00pm to 5:00pm
Theatre Ontario Boardroom
Suite 350, 401 Richmond Street West, Toronto
Have questions related to filing your tax return?
What are Revenue Canada’s record keeping requirements? What expenses can you claim? What deductions are you allowed? How do you report your income? How does HST impact you?
Whether you are employed, self employed or registered as a small business, this session with tax expert Sam Marinucci is an opportunity for you to check your facts, ask questions and share experiences.
Taxes for Artists will help answer questions on:
- Employment versus self-employment
- Employment expense deduction
- Reasonable expectation of profit
- Scholarships and bursaries (study grants) and artists’ project grants
- Workspace in the home
- GST/HST for individuals
- Income tax changes for the current year
“This was the most useful information I’ve learned all year! Thank you!”
“Sam was great, friendly and knowledgeable.”
About the Instructor
Sam Marinucci is a chartered accountant. He provides accounting, auditing, taxation, advisory and consulting services to individual, corporate, trust, non-profit and charitable organization clients, with the substantial focus on not-for-profit/charity clients in the social services, professional association and arts sectors.
$30 plus HST Regular Price
$15 plus HST for Theatre Ontario individual and organization* members
*Theatre Ontario Organization Members may send 1 delegate at the member price.
For more information, please contact Nicole - The Outreach and Training Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.408.4556 x10
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
If you have any questions, please email the Community Outreach and Training Coordinator at email@example.com.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation up to 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.