Act Bravely: Practical Strategies to Conquer Performance Anxiety
Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your career?
When you’re heading into an audition, rehearsing with new people, stepping onstage to perform, or meeting an agent, director or producer – that’s when you need your brain to work with you, not against you. You can take control of your stage fright with a practical tool that has been embraced by the military, major corporations, schools, health care providers and competitive athletes: mindfulness meditation.
This 2-hour workshop will give you effective tools to manage and overcome your anxiety, and a fuller understanding of how anxiety affects performance. You will leave with a variety of mindfulness tools: quick strategies as well as longer meditations, and practices you can add to your acting warm-up or do separately.
Enhance your performance skills:
- Recover faster from on-stage mistakes
- Overcome distractions
- Build concentration and focus
- Listen more effectively
Increase general wellness:
- Calm your mind
- Manage your anxiety
- Increase your resilience to stress
- Live more in the moment
- Reduce the impact of negative thinking
Meet the instructor:
Jorie Morrow is a professional actor, meditation teacher and social worker/therapist. As an actor she has worked in theatre, film and radio, and she recently co-wrote and starred in “Hey! Good Lookin’”, a funny and heartwarming show about family, illness, and taking care of each other. Jorie has over 20 years of experience as a social worker, working in both the community and hospital sector throughout the GTA. She has taught meditation in community mental health organizations for front line staff, at Roger's communications for the members of their B-Well Centre, and she continues to teach individual clients. She is starring and Producing the new show" Between the Sheets" (www.martharoseproductions.com).
$60.00 for non-members
$30.00 for Theatre Ontario members
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
For more information, please contact the Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 416-408-4556 x 10.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation more than 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 business days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.