Ask an Agent
What does an agent do and why should you have one?
This session covers the basics of the agent/performer relationship and some general business information, answering questions such as:
How do you go about looking for an agent? What sort of materials will you be expected to have with you and will you be asked to audition?
- When meeting with agents, what should you look for?
- What can you do as a performer to keep your relationship with your agent on track and aiming towards your business goals?
- If you ever have to leave an agent, what is the best strategy?
- Is it best to join one of the two unions right away or stay non-union while gaining experience?
- What can you expect to get out of this profession? What can you expect if you achieve success as an actor?
Meet the Instructor...
Mr. Jackson has over 35 years of professional, entertainment industry expertise and now operates a very successful talent agency – Seventh House Talent.
Clients of Seventh House Talent include actors, dancers, singers, triple threat performers, artistic directors, directors, music directors and choreographers. Over the last -6- years, Seventh House Talent`s clients have performed across Canada and around the world. Cities include Vancouver, Whitehorse, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Fredericton, Halifax, Charlottetown, New York City, Paris, Shanghai as well as on major Cruise Lines throughout Asia, Australia and the Caribbean.
Seventh House Talent continues to successfully book clients in a wide range of professional venues, with recent highlights including:
2018 HIGHLIGHTS: The Stratford Festival (The Music Man), Neptune Theatre (Mamma Mia), Drayton Entertainment (The Little Mermaid) , The Globe (Mamma Mia, The Hobbit) SHopkins Tour (US & Canada), Port Hope Capitol Theatre (Fiddler on the Roof / The Little Mermaid), Guild Theatre (Anne and Gilbert), Feature Film: Icicle Romance (Lead), The Calgary Stampede (Grandstand Show- Choreographer), Vancouver (Into the Woods), Disney Theme Parks (Paris), Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, many TV series and television commercials, both ACTRA and Non Union.
RECENT HIGHLIGHTS: Lead in “Christmas Connection” (Hallmark Films - Lead) 2017, The Next Step (2012 – 2016), The Laurier Tour (2016), Rainbow Stage (Shrek), Mirvish Productions, Live Ent, Mia Michaels Productions, Pan Am Games (Toronto) 2015, Much Music Video Awards 2015, CMTP, The Musical Stage Company (One Song Glory) 2017, Disney Theme Parks (Shanghai), Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Carnival Cruise Lines, Disney Cruise Lines, HAIR! (US Tour), Starvox Entertainment (Evil Dead, Cannibal, Little Black Dress), Calgary Stampede (The Grandstand Show), Theatre New Brunswick (Music Director), as well as Feature Films, Television series and TV commercials.
Mr. Jackson has also worked for many, major dance organizations, including Dance Masters of America, CanDance International and appears regularly as a “Special Judge” with Fever International Dance Championships.
$40 plus HST regular price
$20 plus HST member price
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
No latecomers please.
For more information, please contact the Education Coordinator, at email@example.com or 416.408.4556 x10
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation more than 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 business days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.