Perfect 10: How to Write a 10 Minute Play
Wednesday October 24th, 2018
4:00pm to 5:00pm
Live Webinar (May be accessed online at the time of course)
The rise of the ten-minute play has caught on in Canada. What was once reserved for university drama productions is being produced by more theatre companies and reaching a broader audience. As an aspiring playwright, writing a ten-minute play can give you a creative challenge without the demanding time commitment.
Join Dominik Loncar, Artistic Director of the InspiraTO Festival (Canada largest ten-minute play festival, now in its 14th season) as he takes you through the do’s and dont's of writing an engaging ten-minute play.
- Common traps to avoid The difference between a skit and a ten-minute play
- The similarities and differences in writing a full length vs. a ten-minute play
- Learn how to master this art form and increase your chances of going from page to stage.
(There may also be time to discuss producing a ten-minute play festival.)
Meet the Instructor…
Dominik Loncar is the Artistic Director of Theatre inspiraTO, the producers of the InspiraTO Festival, Canada's largest ten-minute play festival, and entering its 14th season. Each season, playwrights from around the globe submit a ten-minute play based on a theme. The inspiraTO Festival is held in Toronto in late May/early June and provides over 100 theatre artists an opportunity to participate, network, learn and grow their craft. Dominik leads Theatre inspiraTO?s Playwriting Toolbox program. www.theatreinspirato.ca
$10 plus HST Regular Price
$5 plus HST for Theatre Ontario individual and organization* members
*Theatre Ontario Organization Members may send 1 delegate at the member price.
For more information, please contact the Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.408.4556 x10
Members sign-in to access member pricing.
Confirmation and receipt will be sent by email.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If we receive your cancellation more than 5 business days before your workshop, you will receive a full refund less 10% administrative charges.
- If we receive your cancellation 5-1 business days before your workshop, you’ll receive a 50% refund.
- If we receive your cancellation on the day of your workshop or you do not show up for your workshop, no refund will be issued.
- If Theatre Ontario cancels a workshop you will be refunded in full.